Sunday, March 2, 2008

Time off from work means stamping!!

Today is Sunday, my day off.
Ahhh, how I love Sundays!  Today is extra awesome because we are hanging out at home and my boy is able to go outside and chillax with the other kiddies in the neighbourhood.
Here are the two cards I finished today.
One was my first sympathy card that I needed to make for a friend who's FIL passed away.
Not so 'sympathy'ish as I wanted to work with the stamp supplies that I had.  Gotta make my new hobby fit the budget too! ;O) 
Inside sentiment is one that I found on another stamper's site and loved. It reads 'May God's love guide you, uphold you, protect you and enfold you'.  Hopefully these are fitting words for people in pain.
Second card was my foray into the de-stressing domain.  The edges of both popped up parts (the sentiment and coloured chick) were distressed using the Memory Maker's distresser tool. Stamps are from A Muse and are so fun!  Tons of fun!  Wasn't sure if I would like it but it seems to fit?
Both cards were coloured with copic markers and stickles for added 'pop'.  
Have a great rest of the weekend!
...more cards to come soon, hopefully!

No comments: