Sunday, March 2, 2008

Congrats on your baby...


This was a fun card to make! It is for someone at my life group who just had a little boy.  
Lots of little boys lately... I have a friend who is expecting this year and another friend who is due any day now.  Hooray for more people to make cards for!
(my family and friends will be very sick of snail mail from me shortly, I imagine)
I think I spent about 2 hours trying to decide how best to fit the format on the template, and then what stamps to use.
So obvious that I am a beginner!! Two hours?!
The stamp set I chose was a really inexpensive one at my LSS which sold for less than $2. Can't go wrong there!!
Loved the small 'boy' metal tag that is adhered to the side of the card.  A bunch of them come in the Memory Makers set which I just love.
The 'Congratulations' is a Class A Peel from Stampendous.  
For the ribbon, I couldn't make up my mind on what looked better so I adhered them together and used the combination.  I was please with the results.

One of these days I will grab some courage to dabble in distressing.  At this point, I am just too unconfident to branch out.  We will see... 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you making all these great cards for people. The cards look great Raz:)

Raz said...

Thanks, Been!
Goll darn, I miss you!

coffee-to-go-please said...

you should check out my blog under "people i like"...you may see something that is pleasing to you

Theresa said...

Distressing your cards is SUCH GREAT FUN!!! Anytime you want to come over and play I will gladly share my inky secrets!!!!
(I hope you still see this post:)

Raz said...

TWO posts from TU!!!!
WICKED.
So stoked.
Thanks, Theresa!!!

(PS- Josh and I are signed up for your beginning of April class!)