Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My First Order!


I had an order from some girls at Bible Study to make some cards.  Can't show all of them as they are for people in the group (no sneak peeks!) but I can show the cards that will be submitted for a silent auction!
Here's two that are finished so far....

Excuse the photos- I was playing around with the light and saturation settings.  I have no idea what I'm doing but it's fun!

The first card was made using Elzybells stamps (can't get enough of those cuties!).  
Sentiment is by Paper Trey and ribbon is by Elzybells.  The ribbon seemed to go perfectly with the car!  This was a simpler card that came together relatively quickly.  Love those ones!  Keeping with a simple theme, I distressed the edges around the card using a razor blade.  N
ext, I double stamped the stamped image and cut it out using a craft knife.  The popped up image was coloured using some bold Sakura gel pen colours and then secured to the paper using some foam squares.  

The second card was using My Mind's Eye patterned paper (there's a 40% off sale going on at a LSS, can you tell?!), some Making Memories brads and this gorgeous ribbon that I found at my LSS but I can't remember what the name is!  So pretty!  I shabbily distressed the edges in antique linen Ranger ink and stamped the images in Stazon (midnight blue, for this one).  
The whole card has an old skool feeling to it to me- reminds me of a farm house- type decor where you might find some hand crocheted doilies! 
Couldn't make my mind up on whether or not I wanted to leave the sentiment on the card but, in the end, I added it.  I think it would look a bit better had the sentiment piece been a tad bit smaller in size.  Finished it off with a little paper piercing at the bottom. :O)

Thanks for stopping by!  

2 comments:

coffee-to-go-please said...

nice work dude!! i hope i get one of these "secret cards" you're alluding to...and if not, will you make me a card anyway?? :) I'd even put it in my office....got any therapy stamps?? :)

Raz said...

Fraid I can't say!
Sorry.
I mean, I'd like to, but then it wouldn't be all secret.
Therapy stamps- I have some ideas but haven't found anything yet to make it work.
Eyes are open though.
Wide open.
I'm on it!!