Thursday, August 7, 2008

Lo's Unfinished Baby Shower Invitations



Here are the baby shower invitations that will be sent out to everyone on the list (pending approval by Sandra, of course).



These cards come as a single piece, but the top portion flips up to reveal the information inside.
In looking at these cards, I'm thinking I might add on a few more baby stamps to the front cover. Not sure- I will consult with Dilly on that one.



I was going for unisex, but not in the typical pastel colour kind of way. Instead, went for darker colours as I loved the pattern paper and had quite a bit of brown and navy card stock to use as well.
The 'date', 'time', 'place', etc details are small but hopefully people who get the gist of the information once we fill it in. ;O)
Not bad for a first attempt at shower cards!

Hmm. I think I will also do some copic colouring or perhaps some water colour painting inside to add a bit more life to the image. It definitely feels not completed!

Ok, back to work ;O)


Card Recipe:

Paper: Cornish Heritage Farms Ultra Smooth White, Bazill cardstock, Chatterbox pattern paper
Stamps: Clear Stamps
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Ribbon: May Arts
Embellishments: Memory Makers white brads, White eyelets.

6 comments:

Theresa said...

You did great! She is going to love them!!!

Anonymous said...

I love,love,love this card! Ok, so I want to come! I hate missing out on these fun events:( You impress me with your card making skills everytime I look at your blog. Maybe I should start blogging, maybe that would help me.

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love this card:) I want to come too!

Raz said...

Yes, Been- you should fire up a blog!!!
You could also post Kale and Jado pics.
Nice.
Lois should fire up a blog too!

Sally said...

Woot! LOVE the invites Raz! Don't change a thing. I love the colours you chose as they aren't the typical "baby" colours. Very modern of you :) Send them out! I'm so excited! I wish Been and your mom could come out as well. But they will be there in spirit, we will make sure of that!
Thanks for all the work you did on these! Beautiful!

Sally said...

PS...sorry it took so stinkin' long for me to get to your blog...life has been kinda crazy over the last few weeks. Hope it didn't hold you up too much!