Monday, July 7, 2008

Momma's Birthday Card and Family Thoughts


Today my family has been on my mind.  My bro's wife is back to work as of today (so hard! Such a tough transition from mat leave!) and he is now at home with their fab daughter.  Lots of thoughts of them today.
My sister is in AB with her family and she is always on my mind.  We are two peas that way...
My younger bro is elsewhere in BC, enjoying his bachelorhood, I think.  Thinking of my mom and dad as mom's card is on it's way back home. 

And here is the finished card for my mom.  I love the ribbon on this card- so pretty!  Seemed the perfect detail for the flower stamp too.  I wrapped the ribbon around the inside of the card as it didn't seem to shine enough just on the top (very difficult to make a bow with this ribbon too!).  Stamped the flower image twice; once on the white card stock, and again on the patterned paper.  The petals were then cut out one by one and glued to the flower only about 2/3 of the way up so that the tips of the flowers could be gently furled up.  Pretty effect.

I hope you like it, Mom!

Card Recipe:

Paper: Chatterbox (my fave!) for the petals, Cornish Heritage Farms Ultra Smooth White, Bazill for all others
Stamps: Stampendous, MSE sentiments.
Ink: Brilliance (Graphite Black, Mediterranean Blue)
Ribbon: May Arts (I think!)
Embellishments: Quickie Glue pen (picked one up for my sister and thought I would try it out- love it!!), Cuttlebug flower folder for the white paper, Copic markers for flower underneath the patterned petals, Making Memories brads, Yellow Stickles and Liquid Pearls (Lemon Yellow and Baby Blue), Foam squares and a little paper piercing to finish it off!

7 comments:

Theresa said...

VERY pretty! She will absolutely love it! It's been a while since i've hopped around and you have been busy! Nicely done!

Raz said...

Thanks, Theresa!! :O)

I'm ready for another card night whenever you are.... (hint, hint!)

coffee-to-go-please said...

YESSSSSSSSS card night at the fun house!!!!!

Theresa said...

You two made my day! You know how to make a girl feel good!
I'm going camping for a week next Wednesday, so how about after that?

Raz said...

Sounds awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Raz! I bet your mom loves it. The flower is so pretty with the furled up edges. Too bad one couldn't grow flowers that look like that in a garden :)

L&D said...

LOVE this card. Seriously, I'd pay for it!